Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The never-ending sweater


So I started this sweater back in August of 2005. It's a top down sweater knitted in the round from Knitting Pure and Simple. Basically the same pattern (only a WHOLE lot bigger) as the one I made for my nephew. Well, Danny's sweater went pretty darn fast. This one, not so much. The body and neck are done, as is about half of the first sleeve. Miles and miles of knitting in the round. I've had to go back and buy more yarn once, and I'm wondering if I'll have to go back again. G is not a small man. Not small around, and not small in length. So I've had to add several inches to both the body length as well as adding to the sleeves. Dear god, this is a boring project. I want to finish it, really I do. But it's so incredibly monotonous. Next time G is getting something with a little more spice. Some ribs or stripes, or a cable or two. Anything. But I will persevere.

So today is Tuesday. You know what that means...Catie pic day. Here she is with her daddy reading a story. Cute, aren't they?


So now my entry is complete. You know what that means, right? Back to the beast. I need some moral support here.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi, Jocele, I saw your comment on my blog and surfed over to say 'hi'. Are you a Wash U doc? And what a cute little one. I bet she's got lots of cute knit things! See you around.

Lorette said...

I know what you mean with that sweater. Those are unfortunately the kinds of sweaters that get the most wear; basic and simple. They are the most boring to knit, though. Can you knit and watch movies at the same time? Or get a good audio book from the library. Something that would be a real page-turner if it had real pages.