Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I love my job

So today I delivered another baby. Days like today are why I became a family doc. I took care of the mom in her last pregnancy as well, and see her 2 year old son. This morning she came in to the hospital after her water had broken. A few hours later, (and 3 pushes, the lucky lady) she had a beautiful baby boy. Mom and baby did great. It was definitely the kind of delivery that makes me tear up every time.

I did get some knitting in this evening. I worked on the sock for G's mom. The cuff is almost done. The cuff is the most tedious part for me. Once I'm to the heel, things seem to go faster. And of course I spent way too much time surfing the internet. I just seem to go from link to link and before I know it, 2 or 3 hours have gone by.

Last night I was quite pleased with myself as I figured out how to add new links in the sidebar. Imagine my frustration when I closed the page, went to some other websites, came back, and discovered that all my changes weren't there. GRRRR!! I forgot to save my changes. Guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was. This IS a learning experience though, I suppose.

So I'm off to work more on the sock. Ahh, the mind-numbing knit 2, purl 2 rib. Yippee!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your job too. And dont worry about not saving and the like... there is a learning curve.

Kristen said...

ahha! a family doc who does ob AND has a family and still has time to knit? it's great to see that such a thing is possible, as it's the road I'm on. :)