Sunday, February 12, 2006

Scared for no reason


3 days into the Knitting Olympics. I've gotten about 16 inches or so done on my Irish Hiking Scarf. Why in the hell was I all scared of cables? They're not at all hard, and this pattern is fun. I'm loving the burgundy color. I was going to give it to G, but now I'm contemplating keeping it for myself. Would that be bad?

In non-knitting news, I finally went and saw The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe last night. I read the book when I was 8 or 9. I'm going to have to go back and read it again. Then I thought it was just a neat story about talking animals and a mean witch and Turkish delight. I totally missed the whole religious concept. But I did enjoy the movie. Afterward we went out and had a beer with a couple of friends. Boy I play a mean game of shuffleboard. Today has been a pretty laid back day. I love Sunday afternoons. Knit a little, take a nap, knit a little more, eat dinner. I'm sure you get the picture. Ultimate laziness. Back to the grindstone tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful Scarf! Isn't that pattern fun! It was my first cable project too. Keep at it.

Tay said...

I'm knitting the Irish Hiking Scarf for the Knitting Olympics too! It's also my first cable project. I agree, they're a lot of fun (I opted not to use a cable needle).

Yours looks fantastic!