Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One skein down...

Well, I'm now officially just over 50% done with my scarf. Apparently I just need to set a deadline for myself on all my projects. I've just finished the first skein of yarn and started on the next one. Oh, and I got to wind it with my new swift and winder. I have the best husband EVER. What a great X-mas present. I think he was tired of helping me handwind my skeins. That and the jumbled knot of yarn that sometimes ensued. At any rate, I'm having fun with this scarf.


In non-olympic knitting news, head on over to Ann's. She has created a Lent knitalong. Instead of giving something up, we'll have 40 days of making things for others. Much better than giving up chocolate or caffeine or something like that.

And in Catie news, we officially have a tooth. Officially meaning you can feel it more than see it, but it's there. I've been wondering when this was going to happen. She's growing up so fast and learning so many things. It's amazing to watch. Enough sappy mom stuff though...

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Jocelle -- thanks for linking me up! And for participating! The scarf's coming along beautifully!

Annie said...

Wow. Way too many !!!'s Gotta get ahold of myself ;)

Rebecca said...

Hi there....I LIKE that Lent idea!

Is your scarf the Irish Hiking Scarf? I like the colors, it looks very nice indeed!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The scarf looks great and I LOVE the idea of a lent knitalong, what a great idea...