Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Gardening Bug

Well, as I wrote briefly on Sunday, in spring time the gardening bug bites be hard. In honor of that, I've joined

The premise is to grow something new this year that you haven't grown before. In our case, it's to have a more successful garden...we failed miserably last year, and I'm trying again. In the past 2 or 3 years, I've changed the way I think about food drastically. Maybe it's because I have kids. Maybe it's all those books I've been reading that have influenced me. Maybe something else. Actually, probably a combination of all of them. At any rate, the desire to eat more local is getting stronger and stronger. So strong that part of our lawn is now set aside for food growing, not grass growing.

So, ideally, once a week, I'll post something garden/food related. This is the year things will survive!



No comments: