Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Catie!

Well, this is only 2 days late, but as of Wednesday, June 21, at 10:51 PM, Catie Grace turned 1 year old. I had this freakish desire to make her cake from scratch. Like somehow if I bought a cake, I was a bad mom. So I baked the cake (no Duncan Hines here, folks), made the frosting, and decorated it myself. Whew. Now I can rest easy that I'm not a bad mom. Never mind the fact I'm never home, but hey...something the little things are all we have. So here we have the cake:

Hmm...what have we got here?

And now...mmm...I like chocolate.

What a great year it's been. Though it's certainly gone by fast. It's been amazing to watch how she changes from day to day. I can't even really remember what life was like before her. Happy Birthday, Miss C!

5 comments:

aija said...

So cute! Happy birthday Miss C!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! Congrats on balancing delivering babies and raising one!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, happy birthday, Catie!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday to Catie! She looks darling as always!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Catie!

(6 babies in 7 days sounds like a good time to me...I miss OB!) I have been thinking about you and meaning to email you as I have started (and have fallen in love with) my FP rotation. I hope you've recover'd from the days/nights on call and get a chance to enjoy time with your family this weekend!

(the Shrek fiber/yarn is a great color - what kind of wheel do you have?)