Thursday, March 09, 2006

Warning! Messy house below!

One more day of hospital duty. I've had a light week, so can't complain too much, though today left a little to be desired, on many levels. I delivered a baby. Unfortunately, labor was induced by the local method of methamphetamines. The baby's fine, but it's frustrating to see this happen over and over. It's quite an issue here.

I did get some knitting done on my down time. The gusset decreases are done, and I'm onto straight knitting in the foot. I'm getting faster at socks, which is nice. Maybe I can actually get a pair done in a month, instead of one individual sock each month. I'm working on it. I'm avoiding G's sweater tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a better outlook on life and will be more into it. It's all about the attitude. And tonight I've got nothing but bad attitude.

And now for something totally and completely non-knitting related:

There's something wrong here. I can't quite figure it out. Well, besides the messy counter/kitchen. Let me think...Oh, wait. The dog is on the flippin counter!! G had left out some marinara sauce to cool a bit. Needless to say, the sauce is no more. I don't even like cats on the counter, but a dog?? What the hell? It's G's dog, that's all I have to say. Mine is much more well behaved. In all actuality, she'd probably eaten what was on the floor, and had taken off to hide outside. Does anyone else have issues like this, or are our dogs just freaks?

6 comments:

Annie said...

Whoa -- What I really like is the cat on the floor lookin at the dog like, "Hey, you know you're not supposed to be up there!

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh - my dogs are so huge they just help themselves to the counter top items if allowed unsupervised.... one helped herself to an entire small turkey one night, which we wrestled away from her....LOL

Dan said...

Hi J...

Dan from Yakima... Nice well kept up blog...

Ask Geo before you read mine.. some people go blind.... LOL

DH

Anonymous said...

Are you an obstetrician? I am a maternal fetal medicine person - just finishing fellowship.
Your dog made me laugh, while I am on call and in the hospital today.

Anonymous said...

I am in St. Louis, but only for a few more months. You left about a year before I got here. Have a good week.

the solitary thread said...

aaahahaha, dog on the counter, that is gorgeous, LOL
MissMeshell xx