Thursday, November 08, 2007

Early morning and the house is quiet!

It's 5:45 on a Sunday morning. And I'm awake. Damn. Jack woke up about 4:30 to eat, and I haven't been able to go back to sleep. So instead of laying in bed, I thought I might as well get up and start my day. It just has to be a quiet start to the day, as everyone else is sleeping. Like they should be at this time on a Sunday morning. We have a small and creaky old house, so I'm pretty limited at what I can do. So I'll blog, then knit. Mostly I've been working on a pair of socks lately. It's the garter rib socks from Simply Sensational Socks. I'm not at all a good photographer, so you can't get much detail from the picture. Something about these colors reminds me of a stained glass window, so I've been calling them the "stained socks". Last night I finished the cuff of #2, so now it's on to the heel.


In the crafty world, I so badly want to become an accomplished seamstress. So far, I've made one whopping apron. But I've bought fabric for several other projects. I recently found a new website, The Sewing Garden. I want to make every single pattern they have. If the force is with me I might try and make a pair of pillowcases today, just using existing pillowcases as a template.


And one more thing that I've been incredibly negligent about. A couple of months ago, Kim tagged me as a Rockin' Blogger. I never passed along the next tag. So, 2 months late, but better late than never, right? My pick is Heidi. This girl is amazing. A crafty cloth diapering momma with her own little farm, Etsy shop and amazing handmade soap. Heidi, I want to be you.

No comments: