Monday, June 04, 2007

Belated yarn purchases

I think I go through blogging spurts. Obviously this is a spurt, as there's an unprecedented 2 posts in 2 days. I never got around to posting pics from vacation...So 6 weeks ago, right before I went back to work, we went to Portland and the Oregon Coast. We spent several days in Depoe Bay, a little town between Lincoln City and Newport. One day, we went shopping in Lincoln City. G went to the kite and toy shop, and I went to
Nestucca Bay Yarns across the street. When I'm on vacation, I try to buy stuff I can't find at home. So I bought several skeins of 2 ply from Imperial Stock Ranch, in Kingfisher Blue.

My plan is to make the Neck Down Jacket from Knitting Pure and Simple. Yes, yet another pattern from them. I swear I'm going to branch out, but I keep coming back to their patterns. Simple and easy to follow directions.

The same day, we also visited Yarn for all Seasons in Newport. There, I picked up a couple of skeins of Socks that Rock in Downpour.

Vacation was wonderful, and I hated to come home. My sister and her little boy came from Portland to spend a few days at the beach with us. Here are Catie and Danny enjoying the weather and the beach.
















Next trip, we're pondering it being a "grown-up only" trip, and leaving the kids at home to stay here. But which room to choose from??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to confess, I just don't get knitting socks--why? seems like very little payoff for the work.

I'm working on a dress for my impending arrival's homecoming--it's the first fingering weight project I've ever done & may well be the last. but she will look darling in it!

Lorette said...

I love that part of the coast. We stayed at a hotel in Depoe Bay last summer right on the ocean that was lovely. Your post makes me want to go back again!
That hotel looks spectacular; I would have an impossible time picking one room.

Senger said...

I love that part of the coast. We stayed at a hotel in Depoe Bay last summer right on the ocean that was lovely. Your post makes me want to go back again! That hotel looks spectacular; I would have an impossible time picking one room.