Sunday, May 14, 2006

GRRRRR

I should have known. I've read about others' struggles with the first few rows of Birch. I thought to myself, "I won't have those problems" How arrogant of me. I have cast on 3 separate times. And have screwed up on the first row twice. I'm not even convinced that the 3rd time is a charm, either. I think this one might be messed up too. Row counters. No row counters. Counting the cast on row 5 or 6 times each. None of these work. I keep screwing the damn thing up. Now it's midnight and my head is spinning. The KSH is beautiful and soft...and a FREAKIN' NIGHTMARE. I'm sure I'll grow to love it, but now, not so much. It gets easier, I've read. But I don't think I"ll ever get to the point where it can get easier.

So now I'm just gonna go to bed. I'll wake up with a whole new outlook on life. French Toast in bed. (That was my Mother's Day request). And my good buddy Birch will be fine. I'll have the right number of stitches after row 2. Because if I have to restart again, something bad might happen.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Have you checked out the Kiri shawl? Isn't it the same as Birch, just from the top down? I could be wrong, but I thought that was the case. I'm considering it for the Amazing Lace - I need to decide soon since it starts, oh, tomorrow? ;-)

I hope your Birch behaves for you!

Thanks for the comment on Pointy Sticks - it has been nice to discover your blog and I'll be back!

Annie said...

Kiri does start small...and when you do get a row that's right, I've got two words for you...life line. Good luck on that one. My KSH is in the stash waiting for the mood to strike me...[smile].