Bring on 2010. As usual, with the hope of new beginnings, I feel the need to set some goals for the next year. So, here goes. My New Years Resolutions. There's quite a few of them. Some of them are works already in progress. Some of them are ones that I won't officially start until later this year (gardening, etc). So, for your viewing pleasure:
1. Continue to lose weight. 40 # down so far...another 60 to go. I think another 40 this year is a reasonable goal.
2. Declutter room by room
3. Pay down debt--specifically pay off the 4 wheeler and pay off at least one credit card.
4. Knit exclusively from the stash.
5. No new yarn. None. Zippo. Not even when we go on vacations.
6. Read 85 books this year. I read 75 in 2009. I think I can do it.
7. Get back into yoga. It helps with my aches and pains, as well as great for stress relief.
8. Be more patient, especially with George and the kids.
9. Floss...every night.
10.Stick to the budget.
11. Finish Catie's quilt that I started months ago.
12. Set aside at least 3 nights a month for family game nights.
13. Don't let paperwork stack up at the office.
14. Keep up on filing at home.
15. Recycle more. Since moving out to Homedale, we've been terrible about this. We will have to haul stuff to Caldwell, but it's not like I don't go there most every day for work.
16. Grow even more food this year (plant and animal).
17. Can and preserve more food.
18. Begin to set up a formal food storage system. I'd like to start by having a couple of weeks worth of food on hand, with the goal of a 3-6 month supply.
19. Compost---vermicomposting and regular. Again, we had a compost pile in Caldwell, but haven't started one here yet. And I've wanted a worm bin for a couple of years. I finally have G talked into it!
20. Start holiday and other gift knitting sooner, so I'm not in such a rush.
21. Spin more.
22. Strive to live a more simple and authentic life.
So, with that...my basic goals for the year. Really, my overall life goals. Something to strive for, at the very least. Happy new year, all!