Monday, May 29, 2006

A little Lacey (&) Aran, you say?

I love 3 day weekends. So you get 3 days off. But then that means you have a shorter work week. Bonus. YAY!!! Okay, okay, so it's just a little mind game I play with myself, but it works for me.

I got a fair amount of knitting done this weekend. Birch is moving along nicely. I've gotten 3 repeats done. I'll be glad when the rows get shorter and it goes quicker. Because now it takes FOREVER to get through a couple of rows. Maybe I'm just slow, though. Here's how she looks so far

I think I've actually done a couple more rows, but you get the basic idea.

And I'm happy to announce, the sheep have names. Thank you all for your suggestions. I had a hard time choosing. But now I have lots of ideas for the next sheep, whenever that may be. And so, without further ado, the lucky winner is (drumroll): Lisa with "Lacey and Aran". The white one will be Lacey, and the brown one Aran. Although G is going to call the brown one "Clarice". Can you believe I've never seen that movie? So, Lisa, if you're out there, email me with your address and a prezzie is on its way.

The sock is moving along. I basically ripped it all and started over, so now it's back to what it looked like prior to the frogging. And I've been poring over Mason-Dixon Knitting. I've never been so intrigued by dishcloths. My house needs more knitted stuff, and the sooner the better. I'm trying to finish something before I move on, though. It's hard, because I've got some pretty dishcloth cotton just sitting here looking at me. Who knew cotton could be so persuasive?


No comments: